Monday, November 20, 2006

Google is not awesome: a cautionary tale

and so begins chapter three of the continuing saga of my love / hate relationship with Google. did I tell you about the time I googled Google? I digress.

Do not let Google cut your hair. I did a google search for places to get my hair cut in my neighborhood. This is also the continuing saga of why can't I find a decent hair person. I had a hair place but the last person that cut my hair there was a little rough. So I moved on. Annnyyyway, so Google helped me settle on three prospects for hair cuts in my neighborhood. The first was closed. No biggie. The second only cut women's hair (you should have seen the look they gave me when I showed up). The third didn't speak english. But the third was open and cut men's hair and hey, all americans know a little spanish. I mean, come on, they taught it on Sesame Street for chrissake. Also french and spanish aren't too terribly different (but different enough). So as I sat and waited my turn, I willed myself to remember that 'por favor' meant please and 'merci beaucoup' was 'muchos gracias.' By the time I was actually getting my hair cut, I remembered enough to chit chat with the lady about my Venezuelan and Colombian friends and I think I even taught her a little french. She screwed the sideburns a little but honestly, who doesn't? I fixed 'em when I got home as usual. Nevertheless, don't let Google cut your hair- they're not open, don't deal with guys, and don't speak the language.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home